|Published:||Jun 21, 2011 3:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 21, 2011 5:18 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- A Lehigh Acres couple is homeless after a fire ripped through their home. The fire ignited late Monday night after a latern tipped over.
It happened at home on Macarthur Avenue. The two people inside were able to get out with minor injuries.
One man suffered burns to his arm. A woman was treated for smoke inhalation.
Two of their dogs died and another was able to get out safely.
Investigators say the house is a total loss.