Published: Jun 21, 2011 8:42 PM EDT
Updated: Jun 21, 2011 8:43 PM EDT

LEHIGH ACRES, Fla -  A Lehigh Acres couple is recovering Tuesday after they were injured in a house fire.

The home went up in flames late Monday night in the nineteen hundred block of MacArthur Avenue.

Investigators believe a kerosene lantern tipped over and started the fire.

The home's owner, David Lancaster suffered burns to his arm.

His wife Linda was treated for smoke inhalation.

18 firefighters from the Lehigh Acres Fire Department battled the blaze.

After ninety minutes the flames were out and the home was destroyed

Two of the couple's three dogs were killed in the fire.

Remarkably, the third dog was found uninjured Tuesday afternoon.

He was hiding in the woods.

Investigators say the fire is accidental.