|Published:||Jun 19, 2011 2:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 19, 2011 2:19 PM EDT|
This Father's Day weekend, dads can trade some of those half-empty bottles of aftershave for a day of wild fun with the family.
Dads can redeem cologne for free Zoo admission by bringing a new or partially used bottle to the Zoo all Father's Day Weekend along with a paid child or adult ticket.
The cologne is sprayed in their habitats. Dads and their families will watch the animals' reactions to the scents as they teach the animals how to use their instinctual sense of smell.
As many animals perceive the world as much through smell as human do through sight, a spritz of cologne on a tiger-sized toy, a tree, or a path arouses curiosity in the animals to use their skills to investigate their surroundings.
Donated cologne will be used throughout the day all weekend long during Meet the Keeper Series talks highlighting these enrichment activities.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search