|Published:||Jun 17, 2011 10:40 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 17, 2011 10:04 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.-- A fatal crash investigation lasted well into the morning Friday on I-75 northbound at Corkscrew Rd. in Lee County.
Florida Highway Patrol troopers responded to the scene just after 11pm Thursday night.
FHP says Sagar Patel, 27 of Fort Myers, died in the wreck. Both vehicles involved overturned. The other driver, Tomas Vargas, 42 of Pembroke Pines, suffered minor injuries. Patel's vehicle rear-ended the SUV Vargas was driving.
Patel was ejected from his vehicle and was run over by a third vehicle. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
Troopers were diverting traffic at Bonita Beach Rd. for several hours.
FHP tells WINK News they had to make repairs to the road before re-opening it to traffic.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- No charges in Jameis Winston sex assault case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes