|Published:||Jun 16, 2011 10:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 16, 2011 10:33 PM EDT|
TROPICAL GULF ACRES- Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies are blocking roads in the Tropical Gulf Acres subdivision south of Punta Gorda. CCSO received the call at 4:19 p.m. and fire units are now on scene along with the Charlotte Count Fire, Punta Gorda Fire, and the Department of Forestry.
The CCSO helicopter with Bambi Bucket has been called into service to drop water on fires close to homes in that area. The fire is in the area of Ohio Ave., Circuit Ave., Ramiro Drive, Twin Lakes Drive, Gasparilla Ave and Lamontier Drive. Motorists are advised to use alternate and detour routes for the time being.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers