|Published:||Jun 15, 2011 11:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 15, 2011 11:36 PM EDT|
PINE ISLAND, Fla - A 75 acre brush fire burned North of Pine Island Center on Pine Island on Wednesday evening.
The fire was threatening homes at one point, but crews now say homes are no longer in danger.
The fire originated in heavy brush near Stingfellow Road and Lolly Drive.
Firefighters say that as of 7:30 p.m. it was 35% contained.
Trust WINK News for updates.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption