|Published:||Jun 15, 2011 11:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 15, 2011 11:36 PM EDT|
PINE ISLAND, Fla - A 75 acre brush fire burned North of Pine Island Center on Pine Island on Wednesday evening.
The fire was threatening homes at one point, but crews now say homes are no longer in danger.
The fire originated in heavy brush near Stingfellow Road and Lolly Drive.
Firefighters say that as of 7:30 p.m. it was 35% contained.
Trust WINK News for updates.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling