|Published:||Jun 15, 2011 11:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 15, 2011 11:36 PM EDT|
PINE ISLAND, Fla - A 75 acre brush fire burned North of Pine Island Center on Pine Island on Wednesday evening.
The fire was threatening homes at one point, but crews now say homes are no longer in danger.
The fire originated in heavy brush near Stingfellow Road and Lolly Drive.
Firefighters say that as of 7:30 p.m. it was 35% contained.
Trust WINK News for updates.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time