|Published:||Jun 14, 2011 2:34 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 14, 2011 2:08 AM EDT|
Cape Coral, Fla.-While police continue digging for clues in the death of a Cape Coral man, neighbors say they are keeping their guard up.
According to Cape Coral Police, 40-year-old Ariel Desada's ex-wife found him inside his home Sunday night, dead from a gunshot wound.
Police are treating the death investigation as a homicide.
"I saw all the yellow tape all around the house, the first thing I thought was that's kind of scary," says neighbor Whitney Hunter.
Neighbors say Desada had not lived in the neighborhood long and mostly kept to himself.
"I've seen him outside with a young boy playing basketball," says Lynn Janusz, who lives down the street. Other neighbors say the only time they saw him was when played outside with his son.
While investigators spent most of the day searching the home for evidence and speaking with those living nearby, some say they have questions of their own about how something like this could happen in their neighborhood.
"Make sure you keep the doors locked and everything," says Hunter.
Police say an autopsy conducted Monday afternoon could offer up more clues.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- New patrol cars to help combat traffic offenses