|Published:||Jun 14, 2011 6:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 14, 2011 6:12 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A Jacksonville construction worker has been charged with the murder and aggravated abuse of his infant daughter.
Authorities say 22-year-old Bryan Wofford was being held without bail Tuesday in the Duval County Jail.
Reports show 2-month-old Makayla Wofford was shaken and slammed against a door on May 30. A spokesman for the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office says Wofford took his unresponsive daughter to her mother's work and she called 911. The child was taken to a hospital, where she was taken off life support. She died June 2 and an autopsy indicated she had a skull fracture.
Arrest reports show Wofford has prior arrests for two drug offenses and carrying a concealed firearm.
The child's mother is 22-year-old Toni Pesavento.
No attorney was listed for Wofford.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017