|Published:||Jun 13, 2011 7:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 13, 2011 7:40 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - The Mavericks' win over the Heat was a huge upset for fans in Miami, especially after an ad in the local paper mistakenly congratulates the Heat on the win.
A full-page ad that ran in Monday's Miami Herald reads "Congratulations Miami" next to photos of Heat championship T-shirts and hats from Macy's. One T-shirt reads "Heat 2011 NBA Finals Champions" and the ad shows the Heat's logo on the front of a hat with the words "NBA Champions."
The ad ran under a story about the Heat's loss.
The newspaper issued a correction and apologized for any inconvenience. A Macy's spokeswoman called it "an unfortunate error" and apologized to Heat fans.
The Mavericks beat the Heat 105-95 in Game 6 of the NBA Finals on Sunday in Miami.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years