|Published:||Jun 10, 2011 10:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 10, 2011 10:20 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, FL- Lee County Sheriffs deputies arrested a woman they say did nothing to stop her husband from abusing her daughter, even after the child cried out for help!
We are not identifying that woman to protect her daughter.
She tells WINK, "I am innocent of the charges they are putting on me, I am."
She's charged with child cruelty, something she denies.
"They didn't find no child abuse on my behalf."
When it comes to knowing about the alleged sexual abuse on her daughter by her husband, the girl's stepfather, she has less to say.
Reporter Sarah Pusateri asks, "You did not knowingly, live in a house, with your husband molesting your daughter?
The girl's mother replies, "I can not talk about that sorry."
Last week that stepfather was arrested, charged with sexual assault.
2 days ago, the mother was also arrested
According to court documents, the girl had been sexually abused by her stepfather several times since she was 8 years old.
Though he denied the allegations, DNA proves otherwise.
Reports say the daughter told her mother about the ongoing abuse.
Her mother called her child a liar.
The report also says the mother told the victim she is responsible for ruining her life and she should apologize for what she's done.
Val Gill with the child's advocacy center has advice for those living with abuse.
"If you tell someone and they don't believe you then tell someone else."
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool