|Published:||Jun 01, 2011 9:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 01, 2011 9:53 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - An online video shows a prank some would say went too far.
Three young girls from Dunbar Middle school videotaped themselves tackling an 11 year old boy and taking off his clothes. The group can be heard laughing at times and mocking the boy as he struggled to break free.
"He stopped to chat with his friend and they thought it would be funny," said the boy's mother.
The child who we are not identifying is a 5Th grader at Ray Pottorf Elementary. His mom says she only found out about the video when her older son, who goes to school with the girls, said his friends had seen the video online.
"You take his clothes off in broad daylight, in the middle of a busy neighborhood and then you post it on YouTube to tell all your friends look at what I did. Crime or not, it shouldn't happen," she added.
Fort Myers Police says the girl would have faced misdemeanor battery charges, but that the boy's mother has refused to press charges. She wants the girls' parents to hand out a punishment instead.
The video has since been removed by YouTube.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI