|Published:||May 30, 2011 10:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 30, 2011 7:47 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A man swimming in the area of Boca Grande Pass died after he was swept into the Gulf by strong currents shortly after 10:00 a.m. on Monday. Yuri Fedarkov, 65, of North Port, was unable to make it back to shore. A nearby boat pulled Fedarkov from the water but he was pronounced dead a short time later at an area hospital.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office Major Crimes Unit is investigating the incident, which at this time appears to be an accidental drowning.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders