|Published:||May 29, 2011 7:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 29, 2011 7:31 PM EDT|
Port Richey, Fla. (AP) - Police say a drunk driver barreled through a Port Richey home where a family was sleeping, seriously injuring one person.
The Florida Highway Patrol says three adults and four children were inside the home early Saturday. One of the adults was seriously injured. A 4-year-old had minor injuries.
Crystal Leija was arrested on charges of driving under the influence with serious bodily injury, DUI with property damage and leaving the scene of a crash with property damage. The 32-year-old is being held at the Pasco County Jail with bail set at $6,150.
It wasn't immediately known if she has an attorney.
Authorities say Lejia had been drinking at a bowling alley before she hit a parked car, ran over fences and mailboxes and then plowed into the home.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend