|Published:||May 27, 2011 10:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 27, 2011 10:17 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. - Charlotte County Sheriff's detectives arrested a Port Charlotte man for stealing four air conditioning units from homes.
Investigators say 30 year old Joseph Harbeson may be responsible for a total of 20 a/c units stolen in the county.
"It was terrible," said 93 year old Edward Knight. He spent the week without air conditioning in his home.
The Sheriff's Office says Harbeson admitted to stealing multiple a/c units and scrapping them at a recycler in the Whidden Industrial Park. He agreed to be driven around by detectives to point out locations where he stole 20 a/c units and also pool equipment for copper and aluminum.
At this time Harbeson is charged with four counts of Grand Theft and four counts of Dealing in Stolen Property; more charges are expected to be filed.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Taxpayers footing the bill for Damas hearings, treatment
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one