|Published:||May 19, 2011 10:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 19, 2011 10:17 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Lee Memorial Health System has launched a new web site aimed at helping patients to better understand what they owe and how to deal with insurance companies.
"The intent is to help our patients," said Anne Rose vice president of Revenue Cycle for Lee Memorial Health System.
The changes came about after a focus group identified the need for an interactive site devoted to patient billing.
MyLeeBill.org offers patients a breakdown of their bill including an explanation for each cost. The site also allows customer service representatives to view exactly what patients are seeing online.
Sample letters are also available for patients to download. The print outs can be used when an insurance company denies a medical procedure or claim.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend