|Published:||May 17, 2011 7:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 17, 2011 7:33 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- David Michael Smith, 37, a Lehigh Acres resident, was arrested and charged with one felony count on Tuesday after allegedly calling the Lee County Sheriff's Office to report a false bomb threat.
A representative from Southwest Florida International Airport confirmed that Smith was scheduled to be a passenger on flight 2904 on Southwest Airlines that was set to leave at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday. Baltimore was the flight's final destination.
Smith was secured at the airport and the Lee County Sheriff's Office contacted airport officials, who then conducted an investigation, the airport representative said.
At no time were passengers, planes or anyone else in danger, the representative said.
Smith was booked into the Lee County Jail Tuesday. He was charged with reporting a false bomb threat.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB