|Published:||May 13, 2011 10:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 13, 2011 7:26 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Three students were arrested at East Lee County High School, 715 Thomas Sherwin Avenue, Lehigh Acres, for their participation in a fight that created a huge disturbance at the school on Friday at approximately 7:30 a.m.
As students were arriving at school, one female student engaged in a heated conversation with another female student. The verbal altercation soon turned physical when one these students punched the other in the head with a closed fist. A school staff member was the first on scene and he attempted to break up the fight. A second staff member came to his assistance as the pair continued to fight each other. One of the students broke free and attacked a third female student.
The altercation caused a large crowd of students to gather and created a significant disruption on the campus. It also required the SRO and approximately twelve staff members to leave their assigned areas so they could diffuse the situation.
After the incident, one teacher complained of a possible injury to the knee. None of the students were injured during the altercation. All three students face misdemeanor charges for their roles in this incident.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- 2 Collier beach access points reopen after replacing sand