|Published:||May 13, 2011 5:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 13, 2011 2:00 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Senator Bill Nelson is introducing new legislation that would strip oil companies of about $4 billion every year.
He says with record profits, BP is using part of it's tax break to clean up the oil in the Gulf.
But oil executives warned they would have to pass their losses onto the consumer. They also told a panel of senators stripping the tax breaks would drive down domestic oil production.
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim