|Published:||May 13, 2011 6:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 13, 2011 3:39 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla - Collier County Parks and Recreation’s Goodland Park Boat Ramp will reopen Friday.
The ramp has been closed for the past two weeks while the ramp was being extended by 15 feet to accommodate boat launchings during extreme low tide conditions.
Boat owners complained about the ramp damaging their boats because of its design. The boat ramp cost millions to build.
The company that built the boat ramp, Johnson Engineering, paid to extend the boat ramp so trailers won't get stuck.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids