|Published:||May 13, 2011 5:08 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 13, 2011 2:08 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. -- A Fort Myers man has what he calls a humorous take on the death of Osama Bin Laden. His son is serving his 8th tour in Iraq and is passionate about his patriotism.
Skip Mufalli is keeping score.
"I'm an American, you've got to have humor. I was just sitting here one morning and I said Navy Seals one Bin Laden zero. Then we added heroes and fish food," said Mufalli.
The sign that sits along the sidewalk in front the shop he owns, Toot's Dollar Store, says it all.
"It just hit me one day to write it up. Its my own little score card. I cant talk about what my son does, this has been posted," said Mufalli.
His son is on his eighth tour of duty, serving as a Major for Special Forces in Iraq.
We're a warrior family and we love America. I'm proud of what my son has been doing," said Mufalli.
The killing of Osama Bin Laden means his son won't be coming home in June.
Since his death, we've been notified they want to keep him a little longer," said Mufalli.
For now he'll keep laughing.
"Little patriotism, a little humor," said Mufalli.
Knowing so many paid the ultimate sacrifice. He's keeping score, Navy Seals one, Bin Laden zero.
"You got to have humor after all that pain," said Mufalli.
The sign will be up until Saturday in downtown Fort Myers.
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim