|Published:||May 13, 2011 4:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 13, 2011 1:51 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUBTY, Fla.- A fire broke out at approximately 6:30 p.m. on Thursday at Goodlette Arms, a senior living facility in Collier County.
Emergency Medical Services treated people for smoke inhalation. No one was seriously injured.
Seven deputies and one firefighter were transported to the hospital because of smoke inhalation while trying to rescue the residents from the fire.
The cause of the fire is unknown.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified