|Published:||May 11, 2011 1:31 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 10, 2011 10:31 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- MIndy McCready's ex, Billy McKnight, has something to smile about after almost four years of a bitter custody battle for the couple's five year old son Xander.
He is close to getting sole custody because he is following court ordered drug tests. A judge is going to allow him to have overnight visitation with his son for the first time since the custody battle started back up.
McCready's mother has been taking care of the young boy since the two were battling drug addictions. She admits it's bittersweet watching McKnight get her grandson.
She says she wishes McCready worked harder to try to gain partial custody of him so he could have a more normal life.
The case will go before a judge again in October.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest