|Published:||May 11, 2011 1:31 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 10, 2011 10:31 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- MIndy McCready's ex, Billy McKnight, has something to smile about after almost four years of a bitter custody battle for the couple's five year old son Xander.
He is close to getting sole custody because he is following court ordered drug tests. A judge is going to allow him to have overnight visitation with his son for the first time since the custody battle started back up.
McCready's mother has been taking care of the young boy since the two were battling drug addictions. She admits it's bittersweet watching McKnight get her grandson.
She says she wishes McCready worked harder to try to gain partial custody of him so he could have a more normal life.
The case will go before a judge again in October.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim