|Published:||May 09, 2011 4:19 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 07, 2011 5:21 PM EDT|
SANIBEL, Fla. - A woman is dead after an accident that closed traffic on the Sanibel Causeway on Saturday afternoon.
The Florida Highway Patrol said Tracey Klienpell, 46, of Fort Myers, was on a bicycle heading toward the island when she was hit by a vehicle heading toward mainland Lee County. The impact of the crash sent the woman over the side of the bridge railing and into the water below.
A boater nearby pulled the woman from the water and brought her to shore, however witnesses and first responders were unable to save her.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend