|Published:||May 09, 2011 12:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 09, 2011 9:11 AM EDT|
Fort Myers, Fla.- Governor Rick Scott just signed the Andrew Widman Act into law.
The law, named after the slain fort myers police officer, will help judges keep repeat offenders behind bars.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41