|Published:||May 08, 2011 8:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 08, 2011 5:05 PM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a St. Petersburg teenager fatally stabbed his stepfather during an argument involving the boy's mother
Police say 41-year-old Otis Wilson was in a physical argument with his wife Saturday night when the 16-year-old intervened. Detectives say he grabbed a knife from a kitchen drawer and stabbed Wilson several times in the torso and leg. Wilson later died at a hospital.
Police say the teen acknowledged stabbing Wilson but said he was defending his mother. The boy, whose name is being withheld because he is a minor, was charged with manslaughter and taken to a juvenile detention center.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause