|Published:||May 05, 2011 11:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 05, 2011 8:25 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- A romantic gesture or act of vandalism? A marriage proposal spray painted on a garage door. The answer was spray painted on as well.
Reporter Sarah Pusateri asked, "Do you think it's kind of romantic?"
Homeowner Carolyn Moo Young says, "No." In fact, homeowner Carolyn Moo Young said the marriage proposal spray painted on her Lehigh Acres winter home is childish, not to mention, illegal.
Moo Young said, "It said, "Will you marry me Alison? And I've been asked if I'm Alison by everyone who passes by."
Moo Young said she doesn't even know an Allison. She and her husband live in New York, but when they got a notice from code enforcement, they rushed back to Southwest Florida.
"Notice of code violation.. graffiti."
It said they had 10 days to fix the problem or be fined.
Roger Moo Young said, "I saw the message, will you marry me and then Alison said yes, and I realized it was probably some dumb kids."
Who also apparently dented the door with their car.
"It could have been they were drunk when they did it!"
Sarah Pusateri said, "Now even though Allison apparently said yes, the homeowners aren't popping bottles of champagne, they have to pay $1100 dollars to fix this garage door, out of pocket."
Moo Young said, "I don't know how long the marriage will last with that type of proposal."
This afternoon a repairman tore down the indecent proposal word by word.
Now the Moo Youngs, who have been married for more than 20 years, are passing on some advice for the love bugs.
"Alison, go find yourself somebody a little bit more mature," Moo Young said.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples