|Published:||Apr 28, 2011 4:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 28, 2011 1:55 PM EDT|
Starke, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a man secretly videotaped women using a tanning booth he set up in the barn outside his home in Starke.
Bradford County Sheriff's deputies arrested 47-year-old Doyce Dean Griffis Tuesday on charges of voyeurism and making, printing or publishing pornography.
Officials say Griffis operated a self-serve tanning booth, where patrons paid $2 for 20-minute sessions.
The case against Griffis began when two women told detective Kevin Mueller they thought the man was videotaping women.
Authorities say Griffis operated a video camera behind a two-way mirror. Deputies seized four large containers of VHS tapes, 30 or more 8 mm cassettes, 41 DVDs, the two-way mirror and a laptop computer.
Griffis is being held without bail in the Bradford County Jail. Jail records did not list an attorney for Griffis.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.