|Published:||Apr 27, 2011 11:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 27, 2011 8:52 PM EDT|
SOUTH CHARLOTTE COUNTY, FL- Two Lee County men, answer to charges, they murdered a grandmother.
The body of Mary Ann Zarb was found in a wooded area in South Charlotte County off of Huffmaster road. That's after two suspects were arrested and made a confession to deputies.
The area is a popular place for go-carts and ATVs.
A resident tells WINK, "There's a lot of people that come out here just to play."
He's shocked to learn the body of Mary Ann Zarb, a woman who vanished more than two weeks ago, was found in the woods.
Deputies spent the day canvassing the trails on horse back and with ATVs searching for additional evidence.
This morning Zarb's accused killers Shane Simpkins and Christopher Neuburger heard the charges against them.
According to deputies Simpkins claimed to have been hired by Zarb to remodel her home.
After Zarb disappeared, surveillance cameras caught Simpkins cashing several checks from Zarb.
The prosecutor said this about Simpkins at first appearance Wednesday morning, "He did provide a statement that implicated him being part of the check cashing but denied the homicide, he did admit disposing the body."
Deputies are not yet saying how Zarb was killed or what kind of evidence they found in these woods.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers