|Published:||Apr 27, 2011 11:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 27, 2011 5:15 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- A brush fire burned in Charlotte County Wednesday afternoon and evening.
The fire started at Florida 31 and Bermont Road in Punta Gorda.
The fire was approximately 100-125 acres in size.
The fire has been completely contained.
The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office Huey helicopter and the Bambi Bucket were requested by Charlotte County Fire to assist in an out of control fire Wednesday
The chopper with Bambi Bucket flew two hours and dropped 36 loads of water which equals 12,600 gallons of water to protect structures in the area and fight a “spot over” fire that jumped Forestry Department tractor lines. According to pilots Roger Jernigan and Chief Pilot Mark Brownie, high winds gusting to 25 knots hampered firefighters.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- FMB holds election for Town Council members