|Published:||Apr 22, 2011 2:57 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 21, 2011 11:57 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Officials say a tribe police officer shot and wounded a man during an altercation at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Tampa.
A tribe spokesman says the man took a maintenance golf cart parked in the casino's parking lot and ran over the officer. The injured officer then shot the suspect.
The officer and suspect were taken to a Tampa hospital. Neither has been named. No conditions were immediately available.
The tribe spokesman says the suspect was not a patron of the hotel or casino.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is taking over the criminal investigation. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement will investigate the shooting.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect