|Published:||Apr 21, 2011 6:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 21, 2011 3:51 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Cape Coral Police Officer David Wagoner arrived at his home Thursday at approximately 11:45 a.m.
He was driven home by an officer and received a police escort from Lee Memorial Hospital. His street was lined with officers who showed up to greet him.
Officer Wagoner was shot three times at point-blank range following a traffic stop eary Saturday morning.
“Officer Wagoner was in good spirits when he arrived home today," Lieutenant Tony Sizemore said. "He shook hands and hugged his fellow officers when he got out of the car. He’s going to get some much needed rest. Everyone is just so happy to see him home safe. On behalf of the entire Cape Coral Police Department we say thank you to the community for your continued support.”
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo