|Published:||Apr 21, 2011 3:54 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 21, 2011 12:54 AM EDT|
HIALEAH, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a teenage boy apparently drowned in a lake at a South Florida park.
Hialeah police say the boy was with several friends Wednesday morning when he jumped off a bridge that crosses the lake. The teen couldn't reach the shore and drowned. Investigators believe the death was an accident.
The park where the lake is located is surrounded by a fence. The bridge also has a guard rail, which witnesses say the boy jumped over.
Police did not immediately identify the teen.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle