|Published:||Apr 21, 2011 3:24 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 21, 2011 12:26 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS -UPDATE: The victims have been identified as Ronald Santos, 29, and George Washington-Whitfield, 32. Santos was the victim transported to Lee Memorial Hospital.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 at 9:22 p.m. the Fort Myers Police Department received a call in reference to a robbery and shooting. It happened near Van Buren Street and Bell Avenue.
The two male victims were walking in the area when they were approached by two male suspects. The suspects demanded money.
During the robbery one of the victims was shot. He was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital trauma alert. The second robbery victim was not hurt.
Police setup a perimeter using K9 and aviation and are canvassing the area but have not yet located the suspects. The victims could only describe the suspects as two black males. Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013