Published: Apr 21, 2011 10:44 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 21, 2011 7:44 PM EDT

NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla.- A North Fort Myers home caught on fire and one resident was sent to the hospital after enduring burns to his face.

Although three people live in the home, two people were inside the Island Vista Estates home when the fire started.

One of the residents said food that was cooked was left unattended.

The fire spread and family members say oxygen tanks inside the home exploded.

A resident of the home said a cat died, but a number other animals survived the fire.