|Published:||Apr 21, 2011 12:36 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 20, 2011 9:16 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla. - Naples Zoo has something to roar about! Wednesday, it proved how far it's come from it's humble beginnings to the who's who of zoos.
The zoo received it's third national accreditation with the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. No small task when considering what's involved. Not only are animal quality and care factored in the decision, but conservation and peer recommendations.
Plus, accreditation means Naples Zoo gets access to animals, staff and zoologists that other zoos won't. They are the only zoo from Tampa to Miami to receive this honor.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41