|Published:||Apr 21, 2011 11:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 21, 2011 8:08 PM EDT|
IMMOKALEE, Fla. - Students at Eden Park Elementary were surprised with Easter baskets. For the 4th year now, Wanda Storey brought dozens of baskets filled with candy and school supplies.
She also brought some smiles to the faces of the kids.
Storey began putting the Easter baskets together inside her Lehigh Acres home. Some items were donated and others she paid for out of her own pocket.
"You see the joy in their eyes when they get it. You know that each child's life is being touched by it," Storey said.
The baskets were filled with children's books, crayons, pencils and plain white paper. Teachers at the school say the kids sometimes take the classroom supply of crayons home so they can have something to color with.
Next year's giveaway is already being planned and it could be even bigger. Storey says someone came forward and donated some storage space so she can collect items for baskets year-around.
If you'd like to donate, send an e-mail to our reporter at: firstname.lastname@example.org. He'll get you in contact with Storey so you can help.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- New anti-fraud group forms in Collier County