|Published:||Apr 21, 2011 10:28 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 21, 2011 7:28 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - A couple dozen people rally in Immokalee for a local soldier killed in combat less than a week ago by a suicide bomber.
Nearly 50 people took to a busy Immokalee intersection to show their appreciation for 28-year-old Sargent Linda Pierre.
Singing songs and holding signs, residents from Lee and Collier Counties honored the fallen soldier.
Pierre's body was just brought back from Afghanistan, her funeral is scheduled for April 30th.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Lee deputies investigating shooting on Bokeelia
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County