|Published:||Apr 21, 2011 10:28 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 21, 2011 7:28 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - A couple dozen people rally in Immokalee for a local soldier killed in combat less than a week ago by a suicide bomber.
Nearly 50 people took to a busy Immokalee intersection to show their appreciation for 28-year-old Sargent Linda Pierre.
Singing songs and holding signs, residents from Lee and Collier Counties honored the fallen soldier.
Pierre's body was just brought back from Afghanistan, her funeral is scheduled for April 30th.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim