|Published:||Apr 21, 2011 11:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 21, 2011 8:32 PM EDT|
SOUTH FORT MYERS, FL-A mother says she was pistol whipped and forced to buy a car-for her daughter!
Tonight we're hearing for the first time, the call for help to deputies.
Ron King says in a call to deputies, "A 17 year old mother took her daughter hostage with a weapon."
Calm but to the point, a family friend, called deputies one day after Rachel Hachero allegedly pistol whipped and threatened to kill her mother.
"The gun was held to her head to her abdomen."
According to deputies, Hachero wanted a new Nissan and after attacking her mother, forced her to drive to the Sutherlin Nissan on South Tamiami Trail and to buy the car.
"It's very bizarre but it all stems over a car."
We're told Hacharo's mom later found drugs in her room, but at first, didn't want to report her daughter because she didn't want to ruin Rachel's chance of going to an ivy league school.
"She told her she had discovered drugs and scales, and powders and the girl said she's not coming home."
Deputies arrested Hacharo at her Shadow Wood Preserve home. We spoke to a woman who lives in the community, she did not want to be identified.
"I'm not very sure, the problem has been solved, I hope that things have changed and that there is more attention to parenting her but I don't know for sure, and it's not very comfortable."
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone