|Published:||Apr 20, 2011 9:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 20, 2011 6:48 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY - Crews are responding to a brush fire in the area of Shady Hollow Blvd and Wilson Blvd in Collier County.
The fire is estimated to be between 25 to 30 acres and is being considered suspicious. There were 4 homes originally threatened but officials no longer believe they are in danger.
Victor Hill with the Department of Forestry told WINK news that the fire is now 75-percent contained and that crews would probably be working into the evening to contain the blaze.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County