|Published:||Apr 20, 2011 10:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 20, 2011 7:11 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY - Kamela Patton is the new Collier Schools’ Superintendent, so named this afternoon by the District School Board of Collier County following interviews with the two finalists, following a public forum featuring community questions last evening, and following individual Board Member visits with both candidates yesterday.
Interviews with four candidates, invited by the Board to Collier County last Friday, were held on Monday, with the field being narrowed to three Monday evening.
One of the three withdrew, leaving the Board with the two finalists – Michele LaBute of Collier County Public Schools and Dr. Kamela Patton of Miami-Dade Public Schools.
Next, the School Board will discuss the contract for the new Superintendent during a meeting on May 5th. Then, during the Regular School Board Meeting on May 17th, the Board is expected to vote on the contract. It is anticipated at this time that the new Superintendent will assume the position on July 1, 2011.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral