|Published:||Apr 20, 2011 10:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 20, 2011 7:11 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY - Kamela Patton is the new Collier Schools’ Superintendent, so named this afternoon by the District School Board of Collier County following interviews with the two finalists, following a public forum featuring community questions last evening, and following individual Board Member visits with both candidates yesterday.
Interviews with four candidates, invited by the Board to Collier County last Friday, were held on Monday, with the field being narrowed to three Monday evening.
One of the three withdrew, leaving the Board with the two finalists – Michele LaBute of Collier County Public Schools and Dr. Kamela Patton of Miami-Dade Public Schools.
Next, the School Board will discuss the contract for the new Superintendent during a meeting on May 5th. Then, during the Regular School Board Meeting on May 17th, the Board is expected to vote on the contract. It is anticipated at this time that the new Superintendent will assume the position on July 1, 2011.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis