|Published:||Apr 19, 2011 5:33 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 19, 2011 2:34 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Football will not be added to the athletics programs at Florida Gulf Coast University, at least for now.
Board members met to discuss the proposal and President Wilson Bradshaw said the cost of more than $90 million dollars for the program is too high with the University having only 12,000 students.
Bradshaw said that if the student populations reaches almost 20,000, then the discussion for a football program could be revisited.
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent