|Published:||Apr 19, 2011 2:01 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 18, 2011 11:03 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- WINK News is learning more about the moments before Officer David Wagoner was shot three times in the torso.
Arrest records show Yousel Lopez-Rivera was in the passenger seat. His girlfriend was at the wheel.
Officer Wagoner pulled over his girlfriend for an expired tag. He walked over to the passenger side and Lopez-Rivera allegedly shot at him three times.
According to the arrest report, Lopez Rivera then jumped into the drivers seat on top of his girlfriend, and drove the car away. He eventually slammed it into a nearby house. He fled the scene.
Police later found him naked in a nearby garbage can. A K9 was able to capture him.
Lopez-RIvera is held on no bond, charged with attempted murder on a police officer. He's due back in court next month.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound