|Published:||Apr 18, 2011 6:25 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 18, 2011 3:43 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Deputies with the Lee County Sheriff's Office responded to the intersection of South Seas Boulevard and Mai Kai Lane, Estero, in reference to an accident involving a golf cart on Sunday. When deputies arrived on scene they found the passenger, identified as Marilyn J. McCafferty, 66, on the ground unconscious. She was airlifted to Lee Memorial Hospital where she later died as a result of her injuries.
The driver has been identified as her husband, Kenneth Shawn McCafferty, 44. The preliminary information suggests that McCafferty struck a curb while driving the golf cart, ejecting Marilyn McCafferty in the process.
Due to the nature of the incident, Traffic Homicide Detectives with the Lee County Sheriff's Office Traffic Unit have assumed the investigation.
There is no further information at this time. The incident remains under investigation.
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage