|Published:||Apr 18, 2011 3:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 18, 2011 12:39 PM EDT|
SARASOTA, Fla. - A Sarasota teenager is accused of killing two British tourists.
Police say the teen has been charged with the deaths of 25-year-old James M. Cooper and 24-year-old James Thomas Kouzaris. Their bodies were found by police around 3 a.m. Sunday in a Sarasota neighborhood.
A resident notified police that a man covered in blood was on the ground about 3:20 p.m. Saturday. Officers found the other man nearby. They also found about 20 shell casings in the area.
No other details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Father buries son, exhumes casket to find it a mess
- Soldier surprises his children in time for Christmas
- FMPD makes arrest in Fifth Third Bank robbery
- Head-on collision blocks part of Vanderbilt Beach Rd.
- Florida Everblades deliver bears to children's hospital
- Lack of qualified labor for Cape Coral construction jobs
- Missing baby may be in the company of Lakeland woman
- Judge says the lights must go on in one Collier neighborhood
- Safe havens for children double in Southwest Florida
- Fla. homeowner's group bans playing in street