|Published:||Apr 18, 2011 3:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 18, 2011 12:39 PM EDT|
SARASOTA, Fla. - A Sarasota teenager is accused of killing two British tourists.
Police say the teen has been charged with the deaths of 25-year-old James M. Cooper and 24-year-old James Thomas Kouzaris. Their bodies were found by police around 3 a.m. Sunday in a Sarasota neighborhood.
A resident notified police that a man covered in blood was on the ground about 3:20 p.m. Saturday. Officers found the other man nearby. They also found about 20 shell casings in the area.
No other details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Small planes crashes in South Florida pond
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County