|Published:||Apr 18, 2011 5:55 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 18, 2011 2:55 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla. - Two teens were killed and three were seriously injured when a pickup truck overturned on Alligator Alley.
The Florida Highway Patrol says the accident happened about 8:30 p.m. Sunday in the eastbound lanes of the section of Interstate 75 known as Alligator Alley.
According to a report, the pickup driven by 18-year-old Nickolas Wagy entered the median and turned over, ejected several passengers who were not wearing seatbelts. Killed were 18-year-old Sasha Abitante and 17-year-old Juan Zambrano, both of Weston. Two others, 18-year-old Dylan Delgado and 18-year-old Brian Corbet, both of Fort Lauderdale, were critically injured. Eighteen-year-old Gabriel Fernandez of Weston was seriously injured.
The Highway Patrol says the driver received minor injuries and was treated at the scene. They say charges may be filed, pending an investigation.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident