|Published:||Apr 14, 2011 11:25 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 14, 2011 8:25 AM EDT|
Lee County Fla.
Following up this morning on a massive brushfire in lee county.
Fire crews have contained the fire, but they have been keeping an eye out for flare-ups all night near the Jamaica Bay Community near Six Mile Cypress Parkway and U.S. 41.
The fire started late Wednesday night in a heavily wooded area.
Firefighters estimate the fire burned between five and ten acres.
Fire crews worked to protect homes in Jamaica Bay from flying embers, but no homes were ever in any danger, and no evacuations were ordered.
Our Kyle Jordan is there live with the latest.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash