|Published:||Apr 14, 2011 3:43 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 14, 2011 12:43 PM EDT|
LAKELAND, Fla.- A 2-year-old boy was accidentally served sangria instead of orange juice at a central Florida Olive Garden and was taken to the hospital.
Orlando-based Darden Restaurants says the incident happened on March 31 in Lakeland. It prompted the company to caution employees to be more careful with alcoholic drinks.
Jill VanHeest says she took her son Nikolai to the hospital after the incident. He was given fluids and released a couple hours later. He has suffered no lasting effects.
VanHeest has an attorney but isn't sure whether she'll sue. VanHeest's attorney contacted the news media in Florida this week after reports surfaced that a Michigan Applebee's accidentally served a margarita to another toddler.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend