|Published:||Apr 13, 2011 12:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 13, 2011 9:15 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Lee County Sheriff’s Office received a call about a disturbance at a residence in North Fort Myers on Monday at 7:17 p.m. While investigating the incident, deputies were informed an infant child in the care and custody of Jason King, 27, had sustained extensive bruising to the facial area. The child was transported to a local hospital for further examination and treatment. Due to the reported injuries, detectives with the Sheriff’s Office Child Abuse Unit were assigned to investigate.
Detectives met with a nurse practitioner with the Child Advocacy Center who confirmed the female child was the victim of physical abuse. The infant had suffered bruising to the both sides of the forehead, both cheeks and the bridge of the nose. A skeletal exam was positive for a healed fracture of the left humorous.
Interviews with numerous witnesses confirmed Jason King, age 27 of North Fort Myers was the sole caregiver for approximately six-hours on Monday, the time period established by the investigation when the baby suffered the most recent facial injuries. As a result, King has been charged with one count of child abuse.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids