|Published:||Apr 11, 2011 4:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 11, 2011 12:35 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A Three Oaks Elementary school band instructor is in critical condition after an early morning crash on Alico Road. Our news partners at the News-Press are saying that Willie Perry was the driver of the car that collided with a dump truck around 8:30 a.m. Perry suffered serious injuries and had to be airlifted as a trauma alert to Lee Memorial Hospital.
The truck driver was able to make it out of his vehicle unharmed.
The dump truck spilled about 100 gallons of diesel fuel as a result of the crash, which quickly brought Hazmat and Florida Department of Transportation crews out to the scene.
Crews were using sand to soak up the spilled fuel before allowing drivers to travel on the roadway.
Trust WINK News for the latest details
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Police video of Bieber's urine test released
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer