|Published:||Apr 10, 2011 6:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 10, 2011 3:39 PM EDT|
SEMINOLE, Fla. (AP) - Pinellas County authorities say a 19-month-old boy has drowned in his family pool.
The sheriff's office says the toddler's older sister looked for him Saturday morning when she woke up but couldn't find him. She roused the adults in the house - her parents and grandparents - and they eventually found Dominick Lawrence in the pool. He was unresponsive. His parents and paramedics performed CPR but the boy was later pronounced dead at a local hospital.
The pool has a chain link fence around it but the family discovered the latch was apparently not secured.
Authorities continue to investigate the incident.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo